Henrik Larsson: From the King of Kings to the King of Floorball

Dont miss to watch this match free streaming on the scheduled starting time above. Also get preview, review, live score, recaps, score result, highlights, line-up and prediction if available.




Soccer Extreme : Henrik Larsson, the once ageless wonder who’d begun to show plenty of age, has finally decided to hang up his boots with near immediate effect. Three games remain in a rather pedestrian Helsignborgs season and three games remain in Henrik’s footballing career.

Unless he’s summoned back for World Cup 2014 qualifying, of course.

Never really a sad day when a player who is clearly in decline decides to hang up his boots, but a bittersweet one, as Larsson is nearly a universal figure of respect and reverence. Fortunately, the world of sport won’t be without him for long – Henrik’s pulling a Batistuta: from football to floorball for Henrik it’s being said.

This isn’t a new thing for Henrik – he’s been playing for many, many years and has even been a part of the Helsingborgs club floorball team for the last year. What’s floorball you ask? Hockey indoors – floor hockey even.

Henrik hasn’t been quite so explicit with his post-retirement life, but as part of the team already, there’s little question is simply a switch of the primary sport for him.

“I enjoyed my career and want to thank everyone who has supported me in all these years. Now it’s time for something else. I will think over what I would like to do. First I will need time to adjust to to the non-football life.

“What I do know is that I’m 100 per cent about my decision to end my playing career.”

Keeping himself fit with another professional sport, is there any question the next non-Sven gaffer of the Swedish NT will call in 8 months time to ask…just how fit is fit? (theoffside)